Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BBCode Guide

BBCode Guide

First of all, a link to the list of BBCodes can be found: Here.
So this guide will be explaining how to use each BBCode and where it can be used and why it is used there. Although Decimus has alot of BBCode for you all to use, I will only be explaining the main ones. Any others you can find a use for by yourself and explaining them here would only waste time as they aren't commonly used.

Please keep in mind that " will be used to highlight the exampled use of the BBCode. Another thing to remember that to end the code you must use a / otherwise the BBCode doesn't know where to finish and it will get confused with other codes.

Note: Use this setup for BBCodes "Image Link"

Bold:
To use the bold effect for words all you need to do is "Sentence here". The use of this is to emphasise a certain part of a paragraph or sentence that you are writing up. This can be used everywhere on Decimus.

Italic:
This effect can be used like this "Sentence here". The main use of ths is to highlight an old saying or for it to be said in a different term. This can be used everywhere on Decimus same as the bold BBCode.

Underline:
Underlining words or whole sentences can be done like this "Sentence here". This is basicaly used the same and bold and italic apart from the reason for using it is different, this time its mainly used for Titles and Sub-Titles as it is more of a beginning of the subject term. This can be used everywhere apart from the chatbox.

Colours:
Changing the colour of characters throughout Decimus has big effect as it can be used more with the theme of the topic its used in. It can be done by doing the following "[/color=grey]Sentence here". Now you may have noticed that color is spelt wrong - it should be colour but because its American based that how it works. This can be used everywhere on Decimus.

Center:
This can be used by typing the following "

Quotes:
Using quotes throughout the site is very usefull. They are mainly used to carry on a conversation for reason of which you could be explaining something or just replying to it. This BBCode can be done by doing the following "[/quote=Ashley]Somebodies post

[Image: ca4f923e1d.png]

Max Cape Achieved: 30th May 2014

Great guide, not necessary as we have a whole list, but this explains it all a bit better [Image: 1.png] Pinned.

Unnecessary guide, all of the bb codes mentioned are built into the posting reply screen. [Image: 11.png]

<dl><dt></dt></dl>ThyJul 2 2013, 11:53 PM<div>Unnecessary guide, all of the bb codes mentioned are built into the posting reply screen. [Image: 11.png]</div>Not many people click the "Full Reply Screen" button when posting on the forums. They just quite simply post what they need to post using the "Quick Reply" option and move on. A place that you are not able to see the BBCodes.

Also, I've been asked quite a few times "How have you done that" and "How have you done this" and I had to tell them with BBCode. So here is it. A guide for BBCode.

<dl><dt></dt></dl>AshleyJul 2 2013, 11:32 PM

<div>First of all, a link to the list of BBCodes can be found: [/url]Here.[url=http://decimus-rs.com/keys/?c=1]
</div>So, out of curiosity... Why post some BBcodes if you have already linked to all of them in the first line.

<dl><dt></dt></dl>ThyJul 3 2013, 12:16 AM<dl><dt></dt></dl><div><div>Ashley</div><div>Jul 2 2013, 11:32 PM</div>

<div><div>First of all, a link to the list of BBCodes can be found: </div>[/url]<div>Here.</div>[url=http://decimus-rs.com/keys/?c=1]
</div>So, out of curiosity... Why post some BBcodes if you have already linked to all of them in the first line.
</div>Because the link that I game doesn't give a reason for why they would need to be used. Where as my guide does.

<dl><dt></dt></dl>ThyJul 3 2013, 12:16 AM<dl><dt></dt></dl><div><div>Ashley</div><div>Jul 2 2013, 11:32 PM</div>
<div><div>
</div>
<div>
First of all, a link to the list of BBCodes can be found: </div>[/url]<div>Here.</div>[url=http://decimus-rs.com/keys/?c=1]
<div>
</div></div>So, out of curiosity... Why post some BBcodes if you have already linked to all of them in the first line.
</div>No need to be so rude lol, and Ashley went into more detail on what each code does as well as why you would use it, and it wouldn't be much of a guide if he just linked a list of them.

And for the color one, you can do

<dl><dt></dt></dl>Code:  
Code:
[color=#4176cd][/color]
Code:
Text
Or any other color if you have a color picker, I use photoshop to get custom colors.

Nice guide [Image: 1.png]

Kierhan, I am sure that the people on these forums are capable of using BBcodes and figuring out what each one does. Considering that each of the BBcode buttons says what it does I'm sure that my assumption is not wrong.

Gods, I'm not sure why you think I was being rude; I was merely voicing my opinion on the usefulness of this guide.

Thy, if it is so obvious on what each BBCode - like you have been saying.

What exactly is the <sup></sup> BBCode for...

@Gods, Thanks for the feedback and the 100 post counts!

I think this guide it outdated due to the new forums, I will re-work the guide asap